The Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society (CPAWS) is Canada’s voice for wilderness. We are a non-profit environmental organization. We safeguard the environment by working to protect half of Canada’s public land and water. Our focus is to ensure a healthy and wild Canada where people experience and respect nature. Since 1967, CPAWS Southern Alberta Chapter has led conservation efforts to protect areas in Banff National Park, Kananaskis, the Whaleback and the Castle. Our chapter is also a leader in environmental education. We offer award-winning programs to help build the next generation of environmental stewards.
What we do
- 11.07.16 CPAWS sounds alarm over Parks Canada’s shift away from nature conservation in our national parks
- 06.07.16 Groups call for stronger measures to protect bears
- 24.06.16 CPAWS responds to Grizzly Bear Recovery Plan
- 24.06.16 Planning the future of Alberta
- 24.06.16 Top swimming spots in Southern Alberta